Names and Namesakes

Now that we have revealed our profiles we have to let you know how we came to be known as Espresso, Katten Kaapi, Latte and Cappuccino….Here is the story (reasons rather) behind our names and alias’s.

Espresso a.k.a Rhino

Of the several meanings the word (Coffee as well) espresso has, espresso conveys the sense of ‘just for you’ and ‘quickly’ which can be related to the process of its preparation. So, our dear Espresso is called so, because whatever she does is especially for ‘us’; her team mates; and she is quick and witty. And espresso is strong. So is this one. And that’s why she is also known as ‘Rhino’ – the thick-skinned, bold lady…And yes, espresso is also the base for all other coffee drinks…latte, cappuchino or even katten kaapi…Though technically, I must be saying none of us exist without her…it is actually ‘None of us exist without the other’....

Katten Kaapi a.k.a Wild Horse

The desi, malayalee version of black coffee, ‘katten kaapi’ is not everyone’s cup of …er…coffee. It can be made quick and one swig of the hot, black liquid is so refreshing that it can even bring back a corpse to life (well…somewhat…the small doses of katten kaapi at work, are what bring us alive!) So Miss Katten Kaapi, is just what black coffee is – refreshing and different. Her creativity knows no bounds and it all comes in a matter of seconds. As for her other name, ‘Wild Horse’, she is called so because she is wild and whacky, happy-go-lucky and fun-to-be-with. She does not gallop around like a horse, but her creativity sure does…

Latte a.k.a Wet Chick

The Italian word for milk, latte is a coffee that has more milk than cappuccino and is milder in taste. Copy Writer Latte is also a very mild person – gentle, kind, soft and serene. Like latte coffee which can be topped with creativity as in this image, our dear Latte a.k.a. Wet Chick also tops everything with creativity. Good at designing and conceptualizing, the credit for the design and construction of this blog goes to her. As for her other name – Wet Chick, she is this beautiful damsel in distress who frets over a small pimple, not because she’s worried about how she looks, but because she suspects it to be some major skin disease. She sneezes and she looks frazzled. I ask her, “what now?” She replies looking frazzled still, “Could this be swine flu?”

Cappuccino a.k.a. Hot chick in cold water

Cappuccino a strong coffee with frothy cream, topped with a pinch of powdered chocolate, has froth on top which resembles the hood worn by the Capuchin Monks. Well, I am no monk. Not in the least bit. Then why am I called so? Well, the froth that forms on top of Cappuccino Coffee helps retain the heat. And that is I what I do at our discussions over a cuppa copy! I keep the discussions going, keeping them heated and exciting all through (I know this is the heights of blowing my own trumpet…but I can’t help saying the truth!) I contribute and share my crazy dreams and ideas, keeping the chat hot as ever. As for my other name, I am as wet as ‘wet chick’ (you see, I am in cold water too) only thing is, I like to believe that I am hot. And when no one thinks so, it always helps to pretend. ;)

God! That was one lengthy prose. And my description is the longest. Unlike Latte, I seem to be full of myself…Anyway, now you know that our names were not decided just for the heck of it. Not because we wanted something ‘coffee-coffee’ type but because it’s who we are - Crazy, whacky, mad, nutty…add as many synonyms as you like. At the end of it, all geniuses are a little eccentric…

-Cappuccino

4 Had a Cuppa:

angel in disguise.... said...

the last stmt was a bit too much...lol..
nice one...i liked the way u described ur team mates..now i really wanna meet them...all the coffities!;)

KParthasarathi said...

I loved the description of the four.I will follow regularly

Rush said...

loved the introduction Cap...u really capture some mood here :)..felt like i wa spart of the coffee table!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am totally impressed. This blog will be a must read for me from now on. I am too much of a coffee lover to miss this....